My oldest's skin is a mess, with extreme eczema all over his thighs, neck, elbows and face. His happy joyful personality is shot for shit and has been a royal pain in my ass with his complaints and sensitive behavior. Enough already I want to scream, "toughen up you whimp!! I really cant be bothered with arguing about who gets water first for their water gun!!.or who gets the last blue ice pop or who gets an extra turn at hitting the ball or who misses a catch because I didn't throw it correctly..or .....fuck! who cares !!?". (jeas Im not even PMSing..? imagine that scene? )
My middle has peanut allergies and Im finding everythng has tree nuts or peanut traces in it. Along with it being frustrating I have to put up with him crying to me... well screaming and whining to me, that its NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..
Then there is my youngest who cant seem to put on any weight and has a lactose intolerance but loves to eat cheese, yogurt and all other dairy products. And has learned to say "NO!"
I want to give up and fill the cabinets with gluten, peanuts and dairy and just be done with all this shit. BUT, as I have spent all my free time in making food from scratch and spending a small fortune on gluten free and preservative free food products (yes that too is on the list of irritants!) Mason has slept now for 2 nights in a row and was smiling that classic Mason smile this morning at breakfast. He also remembered to pack $1 worth of change for a charity this morning!!!. (he never remembers anything,..really anything, not even where he just laid down his shoes) Claude found a cereal that Cole actually likes ( $4.99 a box!) and now he thinks he is special for having it and Luke, well, gained 3 lbs. since March (which is the most he ever gained in that amount of time). So , no things are not perfect, but I guess they can be worse?
ps: went to pick up my gluten free bulk order and no pasta? Their reply was that they couldnt read their own handwriting so it wasnt ordered. When I "kindly" asked them to take my cell phone number for next time if they had questions, they replied," oh we have your number we just couldnt read the handwriting" With a blank stare I explained that I HAVE to have this for my son and then they said it will be in next Wed...? Is it me?.. anyway Im thinking of applying to manage the place and get a 25% discount and my order on time!
2 comments:
It's great to know even 'perfect' moms are normal. I do agree that some are handed a lot more than others in life, and you have certainly been handed more than your share. You use to be really into the cooking and planning and probably just got a little too far away from it. You sound like you are back on track and things should go more smoothly. I would love a slice or two of your gluten free banana chocolate chip bread :) I hope someone gives you a big hug today! I'm sending one to you [:)]
Karin, I am so happy to see that you are just like the rest of us.
hang in there ! Mike
Post a Comment