Well after hearing about all the rain that fell up here in NH last week, that makes our vacation down on the Cape even better! The sun shone for all days but one, which we made into a mini-game of golf (I got FOUR! hole in ones, and still Claude won..!), T-shirt shopping, art gallery hopping, ice cream day. The tiny #5 cottage we called home was smack dab on a lake which the boys loved to swim in and row boats at dusk to fish. They actually caught something, so that definitely gave them the fishing bug and we needed to go every night after we came home from dinner. Aside from a trip out to Provencetown to the Pirate museum we spent
every day on the beach or bay building huge sand walls and hunting for hermit crabs, snails and crabs. We also got to a drive-in-movie and never realized it was such a party! All three kids stayed up the entire time and Luke kept me company sitting on my lap pointing to all the stars. We treated ourselves to many dinners sitting on outside decks eating calamari, raw clams and oysters and one night for sushi..everything was so delicious. I was a proud parent when others would come up to our table and compliment our children on their go
od behavior : ) xoxo With the kids growing now traveling is such a wonderful experience. I actually read on the beach!
Well now its Monday, we are back, and it is still raining here, but we have tans to show for our holiday and know where we will be returning next year..for 2 weeks.
2 comments:
Sounds like you really got to hang out and enjoy each other...and eat. I love eating...and seafood at that.
First the fair, now the drive-in. You're really whoopin it up with all kinds of new experiences. I'd love to get you to see some of Northern NH's offerings.
Post a Comment