words that keep me going

"im going to Disney World!!!!"
luke whiting

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

one year wiser..?

Not sure? But all I know is that I am one year more of something.?  What that may be I'm still trying to find out.  A little more crazy? more exhausted? more unorganized? more relaxed? more fulfilled?  But I sure dont feel "older"!  
This birthday weekend was wonderful.  I scored by having my bday falling on a Friday for starters, so I was able to really work a full weekend of me! ; )
Two other couple and us went out to Portsmouth Friday night for dinner and "dancing" at Brazo.  It was a fun filled night laughing out loud and totally confusing the poor waitress.  It seemed we were all sharing a brain?!  The music didn't help.  Expecting a Cuban band we got an older couple (perhaps in their 70's?!).  A husband & wife team, him playing the bass bongo and she played the "Casio"?.. they took requests and at one point in the evening we could have sworn they were playing jingle bells?  It was hysterical and made the night! Thanks everyone for a memorable evening...as you didnt know it was my birthday until my husband who cant keep a secret had you all meet at our house for champagne !! no complaints. xoxo
The rest of the weekend consisted of cleaning up the yard, Claude cooking me a gourmet meal Sat. night and a long hike Sunday. 
I realized as the years go past, it gets better and better.  Thanks to all who came by, called & sent wishes my way.  It is nice to feel special for at least one day out of the year.

No comments: